Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fashion Elective

During the two weeks of Fashion we were required to come up with a final line up of 6 garments along with a colour story, all based on our chosen source.
I enjoyed the 2 weeks, especially the final designing of the garments- Fashion illustration
The Brief
Orchids- My shape source. I broke down the orchids into simple shapes
These are the two shapes that i chose. I then placed these on a croquet in various sizes and ways. Singular, grouped and combined.
The next step was to create the shapes in paper also in various scales and place them on the mannequin. I also did this with 3 different weights of materials- muslin, poly cotton and oil cloth.
I Sketched up what I created on the mannequin and placed it around the croquet in different ways and scales.


Mood Boards/ Colour Stories using paint swatches I pulled out colours from my colour sources, also the orchids. i then chose between 4 and 6 of these colours and found similar colours images- fashion and non-fashion and placed them on the board.
Chosen Colour Story
Final Line Up
Final Line up with Colours - chosen after colour experimentation. I chose these because there is a variety- dresses. tops, shorts and pants.


Other Research...
I absolutely love this skirt- fairy/ballerina like, layered and feminine


Some Websites of Fashion Illustration:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment